- As much as possible, keep the gestures consistent with those supported by the iOS. Inconsistent gestures can lead to frustration, confusion, and usability problems.
- Custom gestures are generally not appropriate for Productivity and Utility applications. most tasks within these applications can be done with gestures supported by the iOS.
- Icons should be perceived effortlessly; users should not have to pause and interpret them.
- Icons should be a cohesive whole, and labels should be clear. If abreviated, make sure the targeted users understand them.
- Always use icons in the tabs, keep labels concise in Title Case. Custom toolbar and navigation icons should not conflict with standard icons.